Thursday, January 26, 2012

Talia Hohmann

        Hello everyone. My name is Talia Hohmann but, you can call me Tally. I am 18 years old and I was born and raised in the beautiful Monterey, California.  Monterey is on the central coast of California where golfing, surfing, kayaking, and beach going are just a few activities that can be enjoyed. There you could always find me on the beach or on the rink. My passion, my hobby, and my main interest have and will always be hockey. I worked as a referee and scorekeeper at my local roller hockey rink and for my mother’s pasta company I would make pasta and sell her products at farmers markets. This may seem eccentric but I am a Bigfoot believer. In some point of my life I would like to make the hunting and studying of Bigfoot my profession alongside being a Zumba instructor. Some other things I enjoy are making dance videos with my friends, cooking, working out, wake boarding, and traveling. I have been all around North America and Europe; most of the East Coast, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, and London etc. My plans for after college always change at least every month but as for a life plan all I know is I want to marry a rich man and have all sons that will go into the NHL.
       By taking this course I hope to learn how to make and use different media outlets that communicate and market a specific subject. As of now I have a general business major but hope to switch to a marketing major. Hopefully this class will help me use attractive video, audio, and text that bring in my audience. Today’s companies and organizations, large and small, use different types of media to reach and retain their audience.
        I am always interested in women's sports and how they are growing and improving. I stumbled upon this website http://www.womentalksports.com/ and it provided me with media coverage of all female athletes.It deals with all sports from wake boarding to roller derby and from MMA to cheer. Provided in the website is a calendar of all sporting events and a media player that features athletes pod casts. The blog is run by a group of women who are media professionals and athletes.

1 comment:

  1. Tally, I like the way you really expressed yourself in your blog. I like how after reading your blog, I feel as if I know so much about you. I share some of your interests as well, I love going to the beach. Also, I really like your passion for hockey; it is good to have a passion for something. I also liked how you described many things about yourself and your belief in Bigfoot. I may not agree with you about Bigfoot’s existence but I wish you the best in finding him and making sure you take his picture. I also liked that you've been places and that you want to travel after college because that is something I want to be able to do myself. I love that you already know what you want to do when you’re older because not many kids our age know what they want to do. It’s good that you have set goals for yourself and that you have something to aspire to when you’re older.

    ReplyDelete