Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Raul Oliva


Hello, my name is Raul Oliva, from Stamford CT. I am a 18 year old college freshman at Nichols College. I am majoring in Sport Management and I want to one day work for the NBA. I am hispanic and am one of four children. I love playing, watching and talking basketball. I had a paid internship for two years  which was working for a small aquarium on a beach. It was a really fun job because I got to meet new people almost every day. I also learned a lot about marine life. The most interesting thing that happened to me there was that they recorded me because I helped make a promotional video for them. The best thing about working at Soundwaters was that I got to meet a lot of people from different towns that came by. Also I got to work with many different marine animals and experts which I learned a lot from. I would usually go to school then work then play a couple of pick up games of basketball. It was a lot of fun and the job taught me some valuable skills like communication, flexibility, organization, and a good work ethic. 
I hope to learn a few things from this class. I want to improve my knowledge on all the Microsoft offices like Excel and Powerpoint. They all are very important to know how to use because a lot of companies ask if you have any skills in them. It also will help me in other classes when I have to use these programs for projects and presentations. 
The blog I found was a basketball blog you can find on NBA.com. It basically talks about the most recent activities happening with players like who’s on a role and who’s on a slump. It also discusses trades, hiring, firing, or what teams need.  If you like basketball, you will find it very interesting. Another reason I like it is because it has many different writers so you get different view points which you are able to form your own opinion. 
Hang Time Blog





1 comment:

  1. Hey whats up that's real cool that you are a fan of basketball and of the NBA. I wanna start of by saying the Celtics are the worst haha. I can say I do like your job it seems pretty fun to work there. I myself am also one of four children the third oldest so that's pretty cool. So i'm taking a wild guess and saying that your favorite sport is basketball. But I think from what I heard you have the passion to be great in sports management and in the world of Basketball, good luck.

    ReplyDelete