Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My name is Hans


            My name is Hans Riemer, and I am your fellow student. I am 19 years old, and I have been living in Groton Massachusetts (not to be confused with Groton Connecticut) for the last 18 of those years. I am an international business major, and I want to go into sales as a career, so I am thinking about minoring in marketing. I am an excellent sales person. I started this career in middle school where I sold soda, gummy bears, gum, as well as loans. I was a 12-year-old loan shark! I was born in Minneapolis Minnesota, but I remember very little from then. Anyway, I am a freshman here, and I live in Budleigh. I do not have a great deal of official work experience. I worked in a café in the center of my town, but that did not work out so well. I had asked for vacation time, got it cleared, and while I was on vacation, I got a call from my boss asking where I was. So I was temporarily fired (because they wanted be back in about 3 months). This was sadly after only a few days of working. My next job was at a Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbins combined. This required me to learn how to make all of the Dunkins products, as well as stuff from Baskins. I really liked this job because I worked with a good friend from my school, and almost everyone there was my age, so we got along very well. I still have really close friends from there. Anyway, I soon became very good at the job, and customers would specifically ask for me to make milkshakes and lattés. I had a great deal of fun working there, and making money never hurts. I would recommend working at a Dunkins to any of my peers unless you are unfriendly and do not like human interaction (I can not imagine this because people from Nichols or very nice).
            So aside from working, I am an outdoors type of guy. I started skiing at a very young age, then switched to snowboarding after 8 years of skiing. I have been snowboarding for 7 years now. I used to love riding my bike through the woods, and I had always had a longing to ride motor vehicles. I finally got a dirt bike, and this was one of the most exciting things I had done in my life. That was about 4 years ago, and I have owned 4 bikes. I can get more into this later, but I absolutely love riding. During high school, I would go to school, come home, and jump on my bike and head into the woods for hours. I still love riding, but unfortunately have not found a place to store my bike here at school. Aside from riding my dirt bike, I like driving, making money, being with my girlfriend, and hanging out with friends. I really enjoy people. Just interacting and being with them is enjoyable to me. I’m very easy to get along with, and I am easy going or ‘chill’ as kids these days would call it. In fact, I graduated middle school with an award for being ‘most laid back’. I’m not kidding.
            So from this class, I hope to learn more about using computers in general. I took a computer apps class in high school and have been using computers for quite a while, but as I have learned, one can always learn more. So I want to learn more than how to use Microsoft office, but I still would benefit from relearning these things.
            The blog that I found interesting is about dirt bikes. What a surprise! The blog talks about many different aspects of dirt bikes and riding. There are posts about different riding techniques, as well as maintenance, advice, tips, and even videos. This is basically a one-stop place for information relating to dirt bikes. This interests me because like I said earlier, I can always learn more, even with years of experience. Here is a link to the blog:Dirt Bike Blogger

the picture is of my current dirt bike. Its nothing new or special, but its fast and fun, which is the point of riding in the first place. for anyone who knows about dirt bikes, its a Yamaha YZ400f.

1 comment:

  1. Hey
    Thanks for commenting on my post. I've actually had a few pet birds, although they can be quite annoying at times. haha. I think it's really awesome that you're interested in dirt bikes. I've always wanted to ride one, although I've never had the priveledge to do so. I also love snowboarding, but unfortunately haven't been in years..Hopefully I'll get to before all the snow melts. Well see you in class! :)

    ReplyDelete