Thursday, January 26, 2012

About Me


My name is George John Louzek III. The reason I give my full name is because I’m named after my father, grandfather, and many other men in my family, and I take pride in that. I’m from Hollis, New Hampshire, which is pretty much a small historic farm town located in the woods of New Hampshire. I’m currently a freshman, studying business/sports management as my major, I haven’t really decided yet. However, I would like to minor in psychology. I’m also a member of the men’s lacrosse team at Nichols College, where I play defense. Later in my life I would like to own my own health center or gym if that’s how you would like to look at it. I’ve always been really loved fitness and people will always be looking for somewhere to exercise, so I think there is a lot of money to be made being the owner of a gym. And as a plus, it would be job that I love waking up and going to every morning, so I guess it wouldn’t really be a job at all. I’ve only ever had two jobs in my life. The first was working at a vineyard, where I learned to grow grapes, and make wine. My second job was building brick patios. I guess you could say they were pretty cool jobs. Some of my hobbies and interests are lacrosse, going to concerts, wakeboarding, and racing motocross. I actually don’t race anymore, I used to race from the time I was young up until about the end of high school, but I stopped so I could focus on my future. But I still try to ride any chance I can get.

                I hope to learn how to be a better user of technology. At the moment you could say I’m a little behind when it comes to using computers. So I would really like to learn how to use blogs and websites such as Twitter. I would also like to learn how to design my own websites. I think that could be a very useful skill in the future, considering everything is technology based now.

                A blog that I found interesting was a blog by the AMA, also known as the American Motorcyclist Association. The blog was helpful information, tips, as well as many interesting stories that people post describing their experiences with different things or at different events. I found this blog interesting and credible because it covers major events that take place in the word of motorcycles, and it is also commonly posted on my professionals. http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/blog

1 comment:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed reading George's post. I think i enjoyed it so much because we have the same interests. Like George, i also play mens lacrosse for nichols college, and i also play defense. I can also relate to his work. Although i have never worked on a vineyard, i know from experiance doing patio work is hard work. I work for the City of Woburn Public Works which also calls for hard work. We both also want to do better with working with computers. overall i like reading georges blog.

    ReplyDelete