Sunday, January 22, 2012

About Me: Kerry

My name is Kerry Postale and I am a freshman at Nichols College. I am 18 years old and my birthday is August 17. Interesting fact, my best friend has the same birthday as me and it's cool to celebrate our birthday with each other. I am from Shrewsbury, Massachusetts and I have lived there for my entire life. I love Shrewsbury because my family is in close proximity to my house. My grandparents are about 5 or 10 minutes away from my house, which is great because I can always visit them. Talking about my grandparents makes me realize how close I am to my family and friends. I couldn't live without my parents because I have a great relationship with them. I only have one sister and she is 4 years younger than me. It's very interesting that she is taller than me, but younger.

As a freshman at Nichols, I am majoring in Hospitality Management. My dream job is to be a wedding planner. I love seeing people happy and I know they should be happy on their wedding day. I hope to own my own wedding planning business in Boston someday because I believe Boston is a great place to have your wedding.
 

In this class, I hope to learn more about PowerPoint, excel and Microsoft word. I want to be able to make me presentations stand out among others and I know this class will do just that.

Because I want to be a wedding planner, I searched blogs about wedding planning and I found this blog called head over heels. The link to this blog is http://www.perfectweddingguide.com/wedding-blog/. This blog is about wedding ideas to make your wedding a magical day.


As a person who loves the computer, I go on Facebook, Twitter and I started going on this new website called Pintrest.  http://pinterest.com/. It’s a great website where you can pin pictures or videos on boards. It’s very cool and it’s exciting to see who is following your boards and who likes your pictures or videos. This is about me and I am never going to change J


2 comments:

  1. Hey Kerry.
    First I just wanted to point out that when reading your blog, it made me think of the movie Wedding Planner, starring Jennifer Lopez. So anyway..well I have had some experience in the hospitality industry, more along the lines of restaurants and hotels, though. Not to bash your dream but as part of the assignment we have to comment..so I guess I'll just say that I don't really believe in marriage. It kind of just adds extra pressure onto people. If you truly love someone(if there is such a thing)then you don't have to like parade around in front of a room full of people and have a piece of paper stating that you do...But best of luck in your future..It's really great that you have your career planned out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry, my friend and I have birthdays the are 2 days apart, mine is October 1st and hers is October 3rd, so we always celebrate together too. I love it because we will have a ton of people over and have a two in one party. I have also lived in the same house my entire life and I love it. I don’t know how people can move from place to place because I know my house to be my home and no other house will come close to it. My grandparents also live like 5 minutes away but they moved after my parents did so that they could spend time with their grandkids. I am also very close to my parents and I can talk to my Mom about anything because we are so close and she thinks she cool. I think it’s awesome that you want to be a wedding planner because that sounds like the best job making people happy. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete