Monday, January 23, 2012

Hello my name is Stephen Manoukian. I am from Billerica, Massachusetts. Most people from my area don't like Billerica too much. We're more of a hick town and the reason most towns hate ours is because we dominate in most sports, especially lacrosse. Though we may not win the state championships each year we almost always have above 500 records. Throughout my life I have played hockey, golf, and a little bit of lacrosse. I play club hockey for Nichols College and as of now hold a 3.0 GPA. I'm currently undeclared, but plan on majoring in accounting. My work experience includes teaching kids how to skate, maintenance on a golf course, and a cook in a sub shop.

From this course I plan on becoming more computer savvy. I can honestly say I am very unintelligent with technology. I know most of the basics, but I still have troubles with most technology. I still own a flip phone and the first type of Ipod. With this class I hope to improve my computer skills to help with my other classes.

My first thought of looking for blogs was to look up something about hockey, because it's my favorite sport. With this I figured I'd look for something about fighting, due to the fact that I wrote an argument paper in my Expository Writing class last semester. So I chose this blog about the fight between Colton Orr and Todd Fedoruk. This was a fight which ended in Todd Fedoruk getting knocked out. This fight started a large debate in why hockey should not have fighting anymore.


http://nhl-hockey-fights.blogspot.com/2007/03/colton-orr-kos-todd-fedoruk.html


1 comment:

  1. Steve Billerica sounds like an awesome town! It is impressive how dominant your sports teams are in their division that is a hard thing to do year in and out. I also used to teach younger kids the fundamentals of skating its quite headache.I hope to learn the same things in digital apps. Hockey fights are always fun to watch and that blog looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete