Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hello: My Name is Shaun Delaney

My name is Shaun Delaney and I am from Woburn, Massachusetts. I initially grew up in Chelsea, Massachusetts, a city just outside of Boston, the greatest city in the world. I moved from Chelsea around the age of 8 years old to another city about 20 minutes from Boston called Woburn. When I am not at school I am usually working full time for my city. This consists of landscaping, plowing, painting street lines, basically anything that needs to be fixed or done in my city its done by the city workers. I am very lucky to be able to have this job, I got this job through my father, who also works full time, all the time for the city. I'm very happy to be able to have this job because of how much I learn. When I am not working I like to spend my times with my friends just having a fun time. Other hobbies of mine include going to the gym, playing lacrosse, and working down at my friends garage.

What I would like to take from enrolling in this course is to have a better understanding of computers. I am not the fastest type so hopefully this class will improve this skill. Also I have friends who have taken this class and they told me that i will learn how to use powerpoint better and microsoft word, this is something i would also like to impove on.

The blog I chose was the blog about Mark Hoppus, a member of one of my favorite bands Blink-182. His blog basically consists of his day to day activity, keeping people posted about what he his doing and whats to come from his band. I found it interesting because as i said before Blink 182 is one of my favorite bands to this day, and so i think its interesting to see what new things they have to offer as a group. http://www.bompa.com/profile/markhoppus/blog/

1 comment:

  1. Shaun, I thought it was cool that you like having a real job. And by “real”, I mean one that actually takes brains and skill to do. I also enjoy having a job where I can learn new things and get involved in what I’m doing. It’s nice to step back at the end of the day and see what you were able to accomplish. Also on a different note, I look forward to the upcoming lacrosse season with you and the rest of the team. Hopefully we can start a new tradition of a winning program here at Nichols. Lastly, I had no idea that Woburn was so close to Boston. I agree Boston is the greatest city in the world. Too bad it’s not located in the greatest state. You obviously know New Hampshire is the best state to live in for many reasons, Live Free or Die!

    ReplyDelete