Sunday, January 22, 2012

~Skye~

 
My name is Skye and I am from Westfield/West Springfield, Ma. I am a freshman at Nichols College and I reside in Budleigh Hall. This past November I turned 18. I am double-majoring in criminal justice and psychology. I plan to enter the criminal justice field and become a police officer, FBI agent, forensic scientist, and possibly a criminal profiler.
I have several piercings, a couple tattoos(planning to get more) and dye my hair radical colors constantly. I am that type of girl that likes to be different, although I tend to stay to myself. I am interested in cars and trucks, especially muscle and sports vehicles. I love doing extreme and crazy things, and hope to one day (soon) go skydiving, white water rafting, zip lining, racing, etc. I wish to go snow mobiling and jet skiing also. In 8th grade I had the opportunity to fly a Cessna 172. 
I had gone to a vocational school, specializing in culinary arts. I currently work in the culinary arts field at Landmark, an assisted living center, in West Springfield, Ma. I have past work experience in several odd jobs, including retail, painting, carpentry, supervising, paper route, etc. 
One thing I love doing is taking nature photos. I have albums full of sunsets and rivers, rippling water, billowy clouds with sun rays shining through, animals, and more..
 In this digital applications course, I hope to better my skills in the Word program, learn effective digital communication in various media, and develop technology-based communication skills needed for both personal and professional activities in my future.
When searching for a newsworthy blog, I stumbled across one exploring the history of dog training. This interests me because I am an animal lover, and I own two dogs, a pomeranian mix and a jack russel (among other various animals). This "Champion of my Heart" blog discusses the book Good Dog, written by Steve Dale. It talks about how people should tell their dogs what they want, by way of positive reinforcement, as opposed to telling them what you don't want, as in discipline. This is a credible source because the author of the blog spoke directly to the author of the book, and got the information first-hand.

2 comments:

  1. First of all I wanted to say thanks for commented on my blog post. I really enjoyed learning about you. I think it’s very cool that you have a lot of options that you want to be for a career. I respect that you like to be different because it’s very good to be unique. I think it would be very cool to go skydiving and zip lining. That must have been pretty cool to fly a plane. Cool about the culinary arts job. I bet that’s a fun job. I love nature too and that’s so cool about the nature photos. I believe you will learn all you want to learn about computers in this class. Aw the picture of you and your dog is so cute. I love little dogs, they are so cute. I always wanted a dog, but never had a dog. Happy to learn about you and you seem very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Skye.
    When I saw your post, I was really surprised at how many similar interests we have! First of all, I want to say that I am an animal person as well, and I have been since I was little. Birds would fly into our glass door all the time, and I would go outside, pick them up, and bring them inside and hold them for a few hours until they were ready to fly away.
    Aside from that, I saw that you are into cars and trucks. They have also been an interest to me since a young age. I have recently become more interested in tattoos; we should talk some time about that. I want to get one, but I am still a bit curious. I see that you have a thing for crazy activities like me. I can tell you from experience that white water rafting is just as fun as it looks. I haven’t tried skydiving yet, but I want to this summer. I hope to talk soon, and I’ll see you in class.

    ReplyDelete