Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Blog 4


Blog Post: A 3-D printer created this shoe March 31st 2012

By William Shea

fabathome.jpg                The article I viewed was about a new 3D printer. My first thought at this product is it is simply amazing. I am in awe at how crazy this device is. These printers change the way you can do work drastically. The fact that this printer can make almost anything that you can conjure on a cell phone or computer of any kind is absurd. The CNN logo printed in the video is very detailed and comes out very nice and that is just a simple shape. The amount of things that a person could use this printer for are endless. Personally I was fascinated by how quickly and efficiently this 3d printer works.  If I was able to acquire a printer like this any project I would ever had I could make 3D demonstrations and other prop like items with a click of a mouse. Granted this printer definitely costs a lot of money and would be very expensive to maintain. Upon further reading of these printers at Wikipedia I realized that I am a few years from acquiring such a device. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_printing. Along with being a few years removed from acquiring a 3 dimensional printer, I realized I will need a good amount of money to get it, that I had figured. I found it neat that these printers have been around for a few years and created such things as hearing aids and invisiline braces. Overall I cannot wait to see one of these printers in person because I feel like just watching it work would be interesting. Having the ability to make almost any object on your computer 3d is limitless. In theory you could make objects at your house to aid you in everyday tasks as opposed to purchasing them. Granted this 3d printer creates objects from a computer file but in the event you were to use these objects their durability may be in question. In my opinion you would be better off purchasing an object rather than creating it from your computer.

1 comment:

  1. A 3D printer sounds amazing. The things this world is coming up with is just ridiculous. Soon the world will have 4D equipment and we are all just going to be more astounded. I agree the big problem with this is that the 3D printer will cost a lot of money making them hard to obtain. I can't say that I would purchase one of these printers because I don't think I really need a 3D printer, but obviously I would like to have one. The different things you could do with a 3D printer are just unimaginable. A 3D printer will definitely revolutionize the way we live, especially with how we advertise. Ads will be way more intriguing and way more persuasive. Though these printers are used by computer files in how they upload and create pictures they are still going to be very useful even if you think we would be better off just creating our own 3D images by ourselves without using the 3D printer.

    ReplyDelete