Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Extra Credit Blog


Wesley Williams
Digital Apps
Extra Credit Blog
TweetDeck bug gives access to other users' accounts
:By Laurie Segall
@CNNMoneyTech March 30, 2012: 6:56 PM ET
                Hi my name is Wesley Williams, and this summary that I am about to write is extra credit about the article I just read about security, and in this article it was about security problems. It says that twitter had a bug called Tweetdeck, and it was hacking into a lot of users accounts around the world, and how it took a man to tweet it for twitter to realize that it was happening. They said Tweetdeck was an app, and something to be installed on your desktop, and wasn’t designed for what it was being used for. In the article it also states how there is another bug in twitter that they have notified where you could be following somebody or they are following you, but you wouldn’t know or you would but it wouldn’t show up. That wasn’t really a big bug but that is just something a network wouldn’t want part of the program. I chose this article because I am a user of twitter, and for how long this has been going on I never knew anything about it. There is nothing much more I can say about this just take the time out to read the article because it was interesting.

1 comment:

  1. This seems like a very interesting topic. I didn't know that Twitter had a hack go on like this, nor that it was associated with Twitter in the name. This is very puzzling I wonder where the people from Twitter were when this was being thought of. Did it say how the end of this hack came about? Did Twitter do something? Did the hacker just end it? Did the people whose Twitter get compromised delete it? These are questions that I have about this. Reading your information about this article enlightened me on what I should do about my precautions for social media, as well as the Facebook boss article. This article made me feel that social networking isn’t as safe as it is led to be sounding like. This makes me hesitant to continue to have my own social networking sites because of the safety. I feel social networking sites should do something about their safety.

    ReplyDelete